Monday, March 3, 2014

Old Post Re-posted: What kind of Nerdfighter could I be?

So this was an old post from the old version of the blog pre-thesis.
I liked it and this new blog is currently lacking, so I figured why not resurrect it.
Here it is...


So today I decided to start something that has been long overdue.

Watching VlogBrothers videos.

Yes, I have seen random ones at random times, but I never really got into them and so many jokes/references are lost on me.

But today, everything has changed.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/37a043475392d50c6e503cef1f2a1813/tumblr_mr7m5qX3hU1sxutnlo1_500.gif

GOD DAMMIT T-SWIFT. Why are your songs so catchy? I literally don't know any other lyrics to this song other than the freaking title and something about knowing you better, and yet somehow those few lyrics are now stuck in my head. What is life.

So the vlogbrothers. I mentioned them before, because Hank (one half of the brothers) made LBD and other web shows. John is the other brother and he is an amazing author. Together they have years worth of vlogging under their belt and this is very daunting to a semi-new viewer.  3,400+ videos? I ain't got time for that. I needed to fast track. Thank god for YouTube playlists.

I've started with this one. It seems pretty good so far. I'm halfway done. This all appears to be from their first year, Brotherhood 2.0 (which was the original project), and I think it's a good start. Things are starting to make more sense.

To answer the question from the title of this post, I don't actually know what kind of nerdfighter I would be. I mean, I am totally a nerd, but I have yet to achieve nerfighter status. I feel like that kind of power-up requires more video watching. I also want to look into what other kinds of nerdfighters are out there. This is a whole community and I plan to take it seriously. Why is that? Because Hank is a mother effing time lord.


-Danny

Also: while this is partly for fun it is also semi-researchy for thesis, VidCon, and reasons.

Update: I finished the playlist and it was awesome.




0 comments:

Post a Comment